Welcome to Saint George's Thames. A remnant of the Goldfields of the Coromandel Peninsula, Saint George's Thames stands as a witness to a time when Thames was bigger than Auckland, supplied the Auckland province with food and had around 30,000 people living and working in the borough. Today the church is open Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, and Saturday mornings.
Saint George's is one of the oldest heritage buildings in Thames currently in use as it was originally built to be used. Used as a performing arts centre.
You will find Saint George's on Mackay Street in Thames.
- Open to the public weekdays from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturdays 10:00am till 1:00pm
- Sunday Service is at 9:00am or 9:30am
- Sunday 9:00am - NZ Eucharist & Holy Communion (This start time alters between 9:00am summer start and 9:30am winter start, changeover on daylight savings).
- Thursday 10:00am - Holy Communion (every 3rd Thursday Holy Communion & Healing Service)